THE BALLROOM DANCERS’ FEDERATION LTD
WHAT WE DO?
+ WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE BDF?
The Ballroom Dancers’ Federation is a leading organisation aiming to promote and protect the Dance Sport Industry.
• To promote the spirit of good fellowship and sportsmanship and to protect and advance the interests of professional competitors and professionals in general.
• To further the goodwill and co-operation between those who utilise the services of its members and the governing Dance Sport bodies
The BDF run, host and organise many events throughout the year. All of which are run on a volunteer basis by our Executive Committee. Your support of these events means that we are able to continue to do so each year & we thank you for your support!
Join the BDF and enjoy these and more benefits that the BDF offer!
+ COMPETITIONS, CONGRESSES & EVENTS
+ TRAINING DAYS
YOUTH TRAINING SCHEME
Each year the BDF run a
At the end of day
AMATEUR & SENIOR TRAINING DAYS
The BDF has run many successful Amateur Training Days in the past, giving dancers the opportunity to experience the knowledge of many of the top teachers & coaches in our industry.
The BDF Senior Training Days have proved very successful. Organised by EC members, Pam McGill, David Douglass, John Durrant and Damian Evans, Senior Dancers can enjoy the benefit of lectures from
+ BDF AWARDS
The prestigious BDF Awards are also part of this special event and the nominees & winners are announced on the evening.
Register for Free as a Student (under 16)
Full Membership for all Amateur and Professional Dancers/Competitors, Adjudicators,Teachers and Individuals with a professional interest in Competitive Dancing
Affiliate Membership for organisations, businesses and individuals.
+ NEW PROFESSIONALS INFO
Required Actions in order to take part in competitions/championships:
– Register with the British Dance Council (BDC) as a Professional Competitor
– Register with the World Dance Council (WDC) as a Professional Competitor (in order to take part in WDC events)
Required Actions in order to act as an adjudicator:
– Become a member of one of the Teaching Organisations that is a corporate member of the BDC by taking its examination (see list below). This allows a qualified member to:
– Apply for a BDC Adjudicating Licence *
– Apply for a WDC Adjudicating Licence (in order to officiate at WDC events)
– * Additional qualifications will be required in order to adjudicate championships
– Become a member of one of the Teaching Organisations that is a corporate member of the BDC (see list below) by taking its examination in order to be a qualified Teacher
– Become a member of one of the associations that is a corporate member of the BDC that represents the interests of British Professionals such as the Ballroom Dancers’ Federation (BDF) and/or the British Competitors’ Dancesport Corporation (BCDC)
– Become a member of one of the associations that represents the interests of Professionals internationally such as the Ballroom Dancers’ Federation International (BDFI) and/or the Competitors’ Commission, both of which have representation on the WDC
– Consider various forms of publicity such as advertising in the dancing press, competition programmes etc. as well as electronic forms of media
– Consider obtaining a Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS) check (in connection with teaching children or vulnerable adults)
– Consider obtaining PPL and/or PRS Licences (required for public performances of music)
– Consider obtaining Public Liability Insurance (for cover against claims by students)
– Make contact with HMRC regarding tax affairs
List of Teaching Organisations that are corporate members of the BDC:
Allied Dancing Association
Associated Board of Dance
British Association of Teachers of Dancing
Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
International Dance Teachers Association
National Association of Teachers of Dancing
Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association
Scottish Dance Teachers Alliance
United Kingdom Alliance Ltd.
Follow us on all our Social Media sites for all the latest BDF News, photos & videos of events and info.
+ ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Ballroom Dancers’ Federation Limited will be held on Saturday 18th November 2023 in the Windsor Bar, Winter Gardens, Blackpool, commencing at 10.00 a.m, doors open 09.30 a.m.
Your BDF Executive Committee urges members to make every effort to attend this important meeting.
Please keep this date in mind and ensure by attending personally that this will be a well-attended meeting.